[softwarelist] Transloaders

  • From: Dave Symes <dfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 14:18:44 +0100

On 06 Jun, dfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> [Snip]

> > Okay. I've downloaded the above and it does work on my machine (I'm
> > leaving hers until I'm sure mine is okay).

> > TransFSI or CFSI.  Be assured I mean your TransFSI.

> > The more recent versions of ChangeFSI come with the Select upgrades.

> > I'll send you the TransFSI that won't play the game to look at, though
> > as far as I can see it's the same as the one I've just downloaded that
> > does work.

> > Thanks for your help
> > Cheers
> > Dave S

> David, I've discovered another interesting problem... In that the new
> downloaded version does and doesn't work ;-)

> I don't have time to test it out as unfortunately work, work, calls, but
> I'll test and write up later.

> Cheers
> Dave S

Okay, off we go again.

The Transnnn filters on this machine are run at Bootup, from !Boot,
configuration, Boot, Run, Run at startup.  Which as I understand it, on
the New Boot system is the correct place to put things, replacing the old
Tasks Desktop boot file.

When run from there TransFSI doesn't work and thus the BMP or PNG file
dropped into an OvPro frame don't display and error out.

If I now manually double click TransFSI the graphics will get translated
and load into an OvPro frame.

I've changed the order of then in Run at startup to see if that made any
difference, No change upon a machine reboot, as per usual... Message from
Transloader, "File could not be converted".

I've put an entry in a Tasks Desktop Boot file to Run TransFSI, makes no
difference, File could not be converted.

I've created a bog standard Obey file to Run TransFSI and put that in
Tasks, as I understand it anything, like an Obey file in tasks will be
automatically run during the Boot up process...

Well in this case it's not as TransFSI still doesn't do the business, if
however I manually double click the Obey File, then TransFSI, BMP/PNG into
OvPro frame works.

My knowledge has run out, time for others to comment.

or an Obey File to run it works.

Cheers
Dave S