[softwarelist] Re: Tables in OPW

  • From: "John Grogan" <johngrogan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "David Pilling \(softwarelist\)" <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 15:58:33 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Cartmell" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 12:48 PM
Subject: [softwarelist] Re: Tables in OPW

>>>The best program that I know of is 'Tablemate Designer' from G R Buchanan.

> It's three years since George B. e-mailed me to say that he'd get back to me
> shortly. I'd offered to pick up the stock to arrange for it to be retailed and
> was waiting for a copy of the latest version of the program from him.
> At the time a 32-bit version of the program was forecast for 'later that
> year'.
>
> If anyone is in touch with George the original arrangement we made can still
> go ahead.

I know I've said this before but a new version of Tablemate Designer would be
very much appreciated.  It's very good at its job and I use it a great deal but
I have a terrible fear that one of these days, e.g. because of some change in
RiscOS, it's going to break...  I'd be happy to pay for a 32-bit version - just
for the knowledge that someone was actually capable of rebuilding it.

Regards
John Grogan