[softwarelist] Re: !Tablemate

  • From: Ross McGuinness <farmstay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 09:38:46 +0800

In message <9AA06871FB6D475A90EBB4220E77D3D5@PC01>
          "John Grogan" <johngrogan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> I do remember having a play with TableMate some yearsR ago and
>>> considered it a waste of space, considering I was already using
>>> Eureka to create tables.
>>
>> It looks like I and many others disagree with you, again.  The later
>> versions of Tablemate are not a waste of space and it remains a pleasure
>> to use.  I even look forward to the forthcoming update.
>>
>> --
>> Tim Powys-Lybbe tim@xxxxxxxxx

> Thanks, Tim.  Couldn't agree more.  TableMate is to my mind really friendly.
> Not least for its handling of multi-line and joined up cells.  I use it
> extensively as an input medium/database for my own software.  The TableMate
> file structure is really simple so I now read the files directly rather than
> exporting as CSV.  As I have said on this forum before, however, it would be
> a comfort to have some formal support for the software given my reliance
> upon it.

> Regards
> John Grogan

I also am a strong supporter of Tablemate. I've never got into
spreadsheets as I haven't needed the features. Tablemate was ideally
suited to my needs for tables.

Would like to see it supported.

Ross and Bev McGuinness, Cinnamon Coloureds Farmstay
1800 South Coast Hwy DENMARK  WA 6333 Tel:+61 8 9848 1781
Fax:+61 8 9848 1231 Web: http://www.denmarkwa.com.au/cc/