[softwarelist] Re: Tab settings granularity

  • From: "John Grogan" <johngrogan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 22:51:06 +0100

In message <481F7105.60904@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Michael Ben-Gershon <mybg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
Is there any way to set tabs at intervals which do not fall on exact millimeter boundaries? I have tried entering a value (say, 41.5mm) in the dialogue box but it gets truncated to 41mm later.

Hmm. that is probably a bug, at some point, someone had the bright idea that tabs should snap to mm boundaries.

I think you can set tabs where you want e.g. 49.5 mm, the tab stops there until you select it, when the dialogue snaps it to the nearest mm.

So you can set them via the dialogue or DDL.

Setting non-integral mm tab stops in the dialogue works fine for me on the Iyonix. They even stay put if I select them on the slider. As you suggest, however, if I move them using the slider, I can only move them to integral mm positions (which I don't consider to be a bug!).

Regards
John Grogan