[softwarelist] Re: SyncDiscs again

  • From: Brian Carroll <bric@xxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 12:28:10 +0000 (GMT)

In article <4e8e203c04chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Chris
Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[Snip]

> It would be useful to include checking for open files, which
> currently seems to stop SyncDiscs in its tracks. There are
> still a number of apps that keep files open all the time for
> various reasons.

Yes; SmbServer is one which keeps a log file open.  I now run an
obey file using Steffen Bellon's (?) Terminate module to shut
everything down before using SyncDiscs.  It would be nice if the
latter just skipped open files and bleeped a warning.

Brian

Brian Carroll, Ripon, North Yorkshire, UK  bric at f2s dot com