[softwarelist] Re: SyncDiscs 1.10

  • From: Brian Howlett <brian.groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 12:32:40 GMT

On 22 Mar, David Pilling wrote:

> Those living life on the edge can leave the scrap folder entry blank.

I've changed it to
ADFS::4.$.!Boot.Resources.!Scrap.ScrapDirs.ScrapDir.SyncDiscs
having created the SyncDiscs folder first.

> It would be quite legitimate for the contents of !Scrap to be wiped on
> every system boot - if you had your system set up to do that there'd be
> no point putting anything in it you wanted to keep.

Too much misbehaving software keeps essential stuff in Scrap, as I'm
sure you know. I do go through it and clear it out from time to time.

> "<SyncDiscs$Dir>.^.Log" says the log file should be in the same folder
> as !SyncDiscs (i.e. not in !SyncDiscs) so maybe you're looking in the
> wrong place.

The log file I found from 2005 was in !SyncDiscs.Resources - I've
changed the log file entry to point to that folder for future use.

Thanks!
--
Brian Howlett