[softwarelist] Re: Sync Discs PC version

  • From: Alan Adams <alan.adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 21:28:54 GMT

In message <104406424f.bz36@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Adrian Crafer <acrafer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have a problem with sync discs running on my PC. It now produces the
> error

> 'The process cannot access the file because it is being used by
> another process'

> The file being referenced is NTUSER.DAT

> I am not aware of what this does and an old back up using different
> software does not seem to have this file.

> There is also an NTUSER.DAT.LOG and an NTUSER.INI.

> Thes files appear to be present in both users of the machines areas,
> and in Documents and settings\Local services and Documents and
> Settings\Network Services.

> NTUSER.DAT.LOG varies in size depending on what you are doing.

> Is this a Virus? Norton 360 does not seem to think so on a quick scan.

> If it is legitimate how do I get syncdiscs to work thanks

It's a significant part of the Registry, specifically of the
HKeyCurrentUser part. Don't mess with it.

I'm not sure why it is open, but backing it up is fairly pointless.
You need a registry backup to recover it.

Can you exclude it from SyncDiscs?

--
Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire
alan.adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx