[softwarelist] Re: Strange behaviour of SRWE applet with OPW

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 14:59:09 +0000

In message <R4s4IjADVojFFwWL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

OK, mystery resolved. If anything the problem is a bug in Ovation Pro.

What is going on is that SRWE uses the line

type("{'DELETE}");

to simulate the user pressing the delete key to get rid of a piece of selected text. There should be nothing wrong with that, but what happens is that the text is deleted, and then code 127 (0x7F) (delete) is inserted in the text.

These 127s are what you're seeing.

You can fix things by using normal OP search and replace, for the search string use:

<0x7F>

leave the replace string blank and do a replace all.

The background to this is that if you select a piece of text and then press another key, the text is deleted and the keystroke is inserted. This is the 'overtype' setting in text choices. This is what is going on above with DELETE. At the moment I am inclined to think that this should not happen. I will investigate and fix the problem.