[softwarelist] Re: SparkFS updates

  • From: Steven Pampling <steven.pampling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 09:10:00 +0100

On 13 Sep, David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I can imagine that if you're using RPCemu you probably stick with the
> old versions of stuff, the new versions of SparkFS have been for ARM 7
> (Beagle, ARMini etc.), but it is interesting if no one using an emulator
> has tried one of the new versions in the last two years.

Hmmm, maybe.
As a long time user of SparkFS and recently the read-only version on the
beagle I have had the read only version lock up a few times but since the
RPCEmu setup is a new one and not for serious use it has a constantly
changing OS install.
BUT - the read only version has NEVER locked up/"blown up" on RPCEmu.
It has on the beagle, but not since I stopped using a Fat32 formatted boot
"disc" (its a memory stick).
Various things have problems when the Fat32 naming issues come into play.
The ROOL fat32 handling needs work...

--

Steve Pampling