[softwarelist] SparkFS as "?"

  • From: Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 15:44:15 +0100

In article <244ebc5750.jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Jim Nagel <opro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> no, !SparkFS /has/ found its iconsprites file.  in its 4Sprites22 file
> i see icons for !sparkfs (the familiar one with the lightning flash
> across a grey folder), but also !sparkfs1 (a folder with an up&down
> arrow), !sparkfs2 (the one i'm seeing, with "?"), and !sparkfs3 (with
> three horiz lines, like an I Ching symbol).

> what are these, and how do i get back to the normal one?

What do you mean by the 'normal' one?

These are different sets of sprites for RISC OS 3 (!Sprites/22), RISC
OS 4 (4sprites/22) and RISC OS 5 (5spritesnn). Which one is
iconsprited depends on the OS version and is checked in the first
line of the !Boot and !Run files. I see you are using 4.39, so it
should pick up the 4sprites22 file. Note for David: I suppose it
should also check for RISC OS 6, at the moment the RISC OS 5 sprites
would be loaded on RISC OS 6 which might upset one or two users 8o)

Chris

--
Chris Johnson