[softwarelist] Re: SparkFS Manual

  • From: David Pilling <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2017 12:51:16 +0000

Hi,

On 04/02/2017 06:12, Dave Symes wrote:

I wonder just how many of you RISC OS users with Raspberry thingies are
reading floppies?  ;-)

I have this hazy memory of someone (perhaps Richard Murray) mentioning that someone else was working on a USB floppy project.

That would be the way, if you could get a USB floppy drive to read the raw ones and zeroes on the disc (and not the PC format sectors).

Is there anything on floppy worth reading - I have BBC cassette tapes, 5.25" floppies, Amstrad 3" floppies, 3.5" floppies, Syquest discs, Iomega zip discs, assorted format CD/DVDs. To a good approximation everything worth having is on my current hard disc (or can be found on the internet).

--
David Pilling
www.davidpilling.com