[softwarelist] Re: SparkFS 1.41 (RISC OS) - Zip size max?

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 23:32:25 +0200

In message <4ee382bfc8dfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Dave Symes <dfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Y'know how, when you take someones advice against your own judgement and
> it turns out to be wrong, how pissed off you feel.

I think you are a bit too quick.

> Well that's just happened to me, I knew there was a reason why I had
> Notypes in LM98 set to "Y" and against my better judgement I switched all
> my LM shares to "N".
>
> I've just transferred a load of .eml files to the Laptop and every single
> ...king one now has "Name.eml,fff"
>
> AND it's no good saying it's because the Mappings file doesn't contain an
> entry for it.

Why? That is precisely the reason for your problem.

> Well &fff Text is already there, and I read recently, and have just tested
> it, you can have only one mapping per type.

Nonsense. Even the default mappings have dozens of types mapped to
&fff. Simply map .eml to &fff and everything will work fine.

What you cannot do is map a single DOS extension to several RISC OS
types, but you can map several DOS extensions to the same RISC OS type
without any problems.

Martin
Martin Wuerthner          MW Software          martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx