[softwarelist] Re: Selecting thin lines in OPW documents

  • From: Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 23:41:54 +0100

In article <44E391B2.4050500@xxxxxxxx>,
   Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> JMAH van Vredenburch wrote:
> > In message <44E31D08.5030908@xxxxxxxx>
> >       Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >> Occasionally, I come across a problem with "thin" lines (default
> >> setting) in OPW. Having created a line, once deselected I am
> >> unable to select it again in order to modify it.
> >
> > Use Zoom to magnify (Ctrl-Alt-Select) once or twice. Makes the
> > line "thicker" for selecting. The same with Adjust lets you zoom
> > back.

> First thing I tried ... didn't work, even at maximum magnification.
> But DP's suggestion to "select all" did the trick. Thanks all the
> same.

The most obvious thing to do is to set the default line thickness to
say 0.25 pt. Then it becomes easier to select.

There has been a lot of discussion over the years in various
maillists and newsgroups about the problems that sometimes ensue when
printing 'thin' lines on high resolution devices.

      Chris...

--
Chris Johnson