[softwarelist] Searching Ovation Pro documents on Windows

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 13:58:21 +0000

Hi,

I often try to find an Ovation Pro document by its contents. I might want to find the last letter I wrote to someone so that I can use it as a basis for the next one.

On RISC OS I did this using Acorn's Find application - other programs are available.

For Windows I didn't have a solution I was happy with. I wondered about using the search facilities built into Windows. It turns out that for these to work on Ovation Pro documents a small piece of software is needed which I have written.

I should say that this is an experimental project and I'd like to have a discussion about it. For example installation is a low level affair, because I've not found a better way in the Windows documentation.

If (like me) you cry when it becomes apparent Windows needs to be reinstalled what follows might not be for you.

The link:

www.davidpilling.info/cd/DavidPilling/extras/IFilter/ifilter.zip