[softwarelist] Re: Script for numbering

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 22:59:32 +0100

I need to number pages (which I CAN do via Insert...) but I only need to number every other page, starting from page 3. So, to clarify, page 3 needs to be numbered 1, page 5 numbered 2, page 7 numbered 3 etc. I guess, something along the lines of "Insert page number minus 3" would suffice. But I'm clueless, can anyone help?

It depends what you want. In the sense you could type in the page numbers by hand, but that would probably be irritating if the pages changed. So presumably you want some sort of automatic page numbering.

I'm aware that someone has done a mail merge macro that allows things like

page X of N

to be printed, so extending that maybe one solution. Alas I can't bring to mind the exact location of that script?

There might be tricks to fit your exact situation, for example construct a document with left and right hand pages, have an auto link frame on the left hand page only, and then at the end of the day print left hand pages only.