[softwarelist] Re: Save after Delete Page causes OPW to crash

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 May 2013 23:10:07 +0100

Hi,

Clive's reply bounced, it is below:

On 5 May 2013, at 15:44, David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,
=20
In message <DCF6740C-4A0B-46A6-8FA9-EC044393E8A3@xxxxxxxx>, Clive Bonsall=
 <c.bonsall@xxxxxxxx> writes
I have a number of documents that were created by copying then editing an
original file. I want to create a new document based in the original, but
containing only a single page. If I copy the original document, delete t=
he text
on the unwanted pages (page 2 et seq), and then do
Page>Delete>page2-6,when I try to save the document OPW crashes with the
error message, "OvnPro has stopped working".
Is this likely to be a bug in OPW or a problem with the original file? C=
an
anyone replicate the issue?
=20
=20
I wonder if save is set up to not save the undo buffer, flushing that is =
often the cause of crashes.

Save undo buffer was unticked =85 it is now ticked. We'll see if that makes=
 a difference.

The fact that you explicitly use the delete option implies there must be =
local content on the pages - otherwise they'd be auto-deleted (unless you h= ad that turned off which is unlikely).

Well, I looked hard but couldn't see any local content -- only the header/f= ooter on the Master Page.

A possible workaround, is delete the pages, then save the document as DDL=
, and reload.

Yes, I did that =85 and it seemed to work, but on reopening the file in OvP= ro, at some point (blank) page 2 recreated itself.

There's another piece of odd behaviour I've noticed with OPW. Normally, whe= n you open a Windows (e.g. WORD) document and then re-save it, it is saved = to the same folder. At the moment, my copy of OPW seems to want to save doc= uments to the folder where another document was last saved. In other words,= say I save document FRED to directory BERT, then switch to directory PETE = and open a new document TOM. When I come to re-save TOM, instead of saving = to PETE, OPW tries to save to directory BERT. Is this normal behaviour for = OPW?

--
Clive Bonsall