[softwarelist] Re: Save after Delete Page causes OPW to crash

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 May 2013 15:44:25 +0100

Hi,

In message <DCF6740C-4A0B-46A6-8FA9-EC044393E8A3@xxxxxxxx>, Clive Bonsall <c.bonsall@xxxxxxxx> writes
I have a number of documents that were created by copying then editing an
original file. I want to create a new document based in the original, but
containing only a single page. If I copy the original document, delete the text
on the unwanted pages (page 2 et seq), and then do
Page>Delete>page2-6,when I try to save the document OPW crashes with the
error message, "OvnPro has stopped working".
Is this likely to be a bug in OPW or a problem with the original file? Can
anyone replicate the issue?

Of course if it is the file that would be due to a bug in OP.

I wonder if save is set up to not save the undo buffer, flushing that is often the cause of crashes.

Save as DDL, then reload is a good way to clean up documents. Opposite extreme continually basing new documents on old ones is a good way of propagating bugs.

The fact that you explicitly use the delete option implies there must be local content on the pages - otherwise they'd be auto-deleted (unless you had that turned off which is unlikely).

A possible workaround, is delete the pages, then save the document as DDL, and reload.