[softwarelist] Re: SATA on a RiscPC! :-) And USB?

  • From: "KiwiWebHost" <nobilangelo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 23:37:17 +1200

I think the from's and to's are being used the right way round (at this end of the world), but I have noticed that different brands use them in opposite ways. Perhaps Lilliput is messing about again...

But however you put it you are right. An IDE-to-SATA adapter plugs into the IDE connection on the computer then into a SATA drive. The 'fantasy', a SATA-to-USB connector ,would connect to the SATA end of that first adapter. So starting from the computer end there would be IDE to SATA to USB.

The point of the wished-for fantasy is that USB podules for the RiscPC are scarce, and extremely expensive, and are only level 1, and use up a podule slot, and there are only four slots. If the fantasy were possible, USB in a RiscPC would be very easy to set up and very cheap.

--

Nobilangelo.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alan Adams" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>