[softwarelist] Re: SATA on a RiscPC! :-) And USB?

  • From: "KiwiWebHost" <nobilangelo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 22:52:02 +1200

No, the 'fantasy' was given that SATA works in a RiscPC via an IDE-to-SATA adapter, to connect a SATA-to-USB connector into that, and thus be feeding to USB devices instead of a SATA drive.

What Andy pictured is a USB-to-SATA, and there are lots of brands of them.

The fantasy is the other way round: SATA-to-USB, taking advantage of the fact that a way has been found to drive SATA in a RiscPC.

--

Nobilangelo.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alan Adams" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>