[softwarelist] Re: Running OP from removable drive.

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 13:52:18 +0000

<roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>In short is it possible to run Ovation Pro for Windows from a removable
>drive

No.

It depends on a couple of registry variables to locate its resources. I
guess you could soon work these out and set them up on machines.

I've looked at the U3 consortium idea in recent weeks. This is a way of
allowing Win apps to run from flash memory discs. So you can tote your
apps around on a flash disc and run them on different machines.

Again the world catches up with RISC OS. I always thought it was a good
idea for everything connected with a !app to live in the !app folder.
Then !apps could be moved and removed easily.

Alas later work on RISC OS has moved away from this idea and gone over
to the Win system of splattering files around.