[softwarelist] Re: Removing local effects

  • From: Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 18:24:06 +0000

Clive Bonsall wrote:
David Pilling wrote:
In message <45A3BD78.8020201@xxxxxxxx>, Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx> writes
Do I first need to uninstall the previous version or delete something that the previous version has put into C:\Documents and Settings?

There should be no need to uninstall and particularly not to start destroying your configuration.

I'd be inclined to look at

C:Program Files\David Pilling\OvationPro\OvnPro.exe

The sort of game you can play is rename the above .exe

Done that.

run the installer, see if a new .exe appears

It does.

see if its properties are different.

No, they are not. It still shows up as the 27/12/2006 version.

Now SORTED. But it required a Windows Search to locate all files with "OvnPro" in the filename. I then deleted (via the Search window) everything that looked like a cached file or shortcut, downloaded the 09/01/07 version again, and reinstalled it. Finally, I have the latest version installed, and keypresses appear in the DDL. Sorry for all the trouble.
--
C.B.