[softwarelist] Re: RTF import into OPW

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 11:56:29 +0000

In message <49063972.30307@xxxxxxxx>, Clive Bonsall <cbonsall@xxxxxxx> writes

1) The RTF won't go into my default 2-column layout -- a new single column document window is opened displaying the text from the RTF file.

I don't see that as a problem, OP is loading the RTF as a new document (rather than as text), but it should be easy to copy/paste the text into a new document which has columns.

2) If the RTF contains accented characters, then frequently the following character in a word is lost (after import into OPW). If the accented character falls at the end of the word, then the following word space disappears.

Sorry, once again, if you can let me have an example I'll try to fix that. I presume it is handling some characters incorrectly.

--
David Pilling
email: david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx