[softwarelist] Re: RTF files and OvationPro

  • From: Clive Bonsall <c.bonsall@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: David Pilling <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 07:58:45 +0000
On 7 Dec 2013, at 01:13, David Rooke <david.rooke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'd be grateful for a bit of help here. Am I right in thinking that the OP
> filter TransRTF only allows import of rtf files into the RISC OS version of
> OP? Is there any way to export from OP to rtf?
>
> I tried saving from OP as text with a view to importing into Easiwrite but, of
> course, the text output from OP has no formatting (bold, italics etc.)

Not a solution to your problem per se, but this may be of interest …

I often wish I could export RTF or WORD from OvationPro for Windows (OPW). The
best solution I have found is to use the Direct Postscript option to produce a
*.ps file, from which you should be able to obtain a PDF file using one of the
free PDF creators available. There are several methods available for converting
PDF files to WORD documents. See:
http://www.wikihow.com/Convert-a-PDF-to-a-Word-Document
--
Clive Bonsall
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.