[softwarelist] Re: RTF Filter at the end of the Universe (RISC OS 32 bit)

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 12:13:19 +0000

In message <4ea6fc2a30dfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Symes <dfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

However, I'm still encountering the displaced page number.
In my original document at the bottom of the page, in the RTF at the top
of the page.
Any thoughts on that one?

I have to admit that I didn't notice there was anything wrong with the page number, I know you've mentioned it a few times, it was just that the other problems were so much worse.

I think the position is that the page number is coming from a fixed position in the original document and MakeRTF puts it into the text story. There is then no attempt by the RTF filter to take out page numbers and attach them to pages.

In other words the system is not sophisticated enough to handle page numbers.