[softwarelist] Re: RTF Filter at the end of the Universe (RISC OS 32 bit)

  • From: Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 20:26:27 GMT

On 16 Jan 2007  Dave Symes <dfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <238b3ba64e.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 16 Jan 2007  Dave Symes <dfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> > David, as echoed by others, thanks for working on the RTF filter.
>> > However, I am having problems and I assume small attachments are not
>> > permitted here, so I'll have to try and explain, or failing that send
>> > you the test file.
>> >
>> > Ovation Pro version 2.77 (2-June-2006)
>> >
>> > RTF filter installed and active.
>> >
>> > Stick a bit of Lipsum text into OvPro, format it...
>> > Header is 24 point Trinity medium and centred.
>> >
>> > Rest of the text, 7 lines of Lipsum in default 12 point Trinity medium,
>> > left justified and single line spaces.
>> > Bottom of the page has "Page 1"
>> >
>> > Then save as RTF.
>
>> There's your problem, I think. If you're using MakeRTF this was never
>> finished, and doesn't do a lot of things correctly.
>
>> With best wishes,
>
>> Peter.
>
> Well Peter that is an interesting idea.
> So what you are saying is. Mr P's TransRTF is only a loader not a
> loader/saver?

As far as I know it's only a loader. To save as RTF you need MakeRTF,
which never pretended to be a finished app, and whose author seems to
have vanished.

That is, unless anyone knows differently.

> If that is so... Then many rude words are required, accompanied by a deep
> descent into Grumpiness.

So please de-grump yourself, good Sir! :-)

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \   /                 \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne     \ / __            __  \                              England.