[softwarelist] RTF Filter at the end of the Universe (RISC OS 32 bit)

  • From: Dave Symes <dfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 19:00:13 +0000 (GMT)

David, as echoed by others, thanks for working on the RTF filter.

However, I am having problems and I assume small attachments are not
permitted here, so I'll have to try and explain, or failing that send you
the test file.

Ovation Pro version 2.77 (2-June-2006)

RTF filter installed and active.

Stick a bit of Lipsum text into OvPro, format it...
Header is 24 point Trinity medium and centred.

Rest of the text, 7 lines of Lipsum in default 12 point Trinity medium,
left justified and single line spaces.
Bottom of the page has "Page 1"

Then save as RTF.

File type when saved is RTF.

Drop onto the OVPro icon bar icon, unfortunately it opens as rather a mess.

The page 1 is now at the top of the page.
The title is still 24pt Trinity medium, and centred, but there's a lot of
space between each character, so that the original "Some Sample Text" is
now "S o m e  S a m p l e  T e x t" and the line spaceing has gone from
single to double.

The body text is till 12 point Trinity medium but has also become
stretched out, and double spaced, and is no longer left justified, but has
become centre justified.

To be certain it was not some silly formatting in the original Lipsum... I
created a title and a few lines of text from scratch, saved as RTF, but
the end result was the same.

Thoughts and suggestions welcome.

Cheers
Dave S

PS1: Original very small test file available for scrutiny.

PS2: RTF file output from Impression Publisher (Filetyped RTF) dropped on
to OvPro, displays correctly.
D.