[softwarelist] Re: Printing to Adobe PDF

  • From: Brian Carroll <briancarroll@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2009 09:10:15 +0100

In article <12C48C397E804798A6FA6A9E19917B6A@Dell>, Colin & Joy
McLeod <colin.joy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> How do I manage to print an A4 page to Adobe PDF as it always
> defaults to 8.5in x 11in. and scales the page to fit. I have
> changed the blank page default in Adobe Acrobat to A4 but
> whenever I print from Ovation I still can only get a scaled
> version. Colin

If you mean Adobe Reader (not Acrobat) I think the answer is to
ensure the box 'Choose paper source by PDF page size' is ticked
in the bottom left of the print dialogue window. You will then
see the page dimensions are 8.27 x 11.69.  The page will not be
re-scaled if you set Page Scaling 'None'. You will see both
document and paper are then shown the same, and the same as the
dimensions on the picture of what is going to come out of the
printer.  Intuitive it is not :-(

BTW, do you or any other reader know how to set the default
dimension units to cm or mm ?

Brian.