[softwarelist] Re: Printing

  • From: M Harding <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: David Pilling <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 20:27:07 +0100

In article <7295225D-81B0-43A8-A727-70DBC89E58F0@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   David Crofts <david@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am using a RISC PC  running RO 4.39 and Ov Pro 2.77r.

> My QMS laser printer has just died and I have acquired a 2nd-hand
> Samsung ML 2250 ( a b&W laser printer). Has anyone any idea which
> printer driver I should use with this, please?

My Samsung ML-2571 (mono laser) isn't really picky.

I use Printers+ 1.91a & Laserjet6 usually.

To produce photocopiable masters I use Printers 1.52 & the LaserJet-IV
PD in conjunction with CCs' TurboDrivers Line Screen setup (courtesy
of the generosity and patience of Ian Hamilton who produced a patch
for his Print Spooler 2.18).

On the other hand when I bought it many moons ago it initially worked
perfectly well thinking itself to be an HP LJ5 printer but I'd also
received a Samsung PD and wondered whether it might be better still:
instead it messed up all my previous settings - so stick to HP
versions.

I'm using RO 4.02 (SA-VRPC) & OvPro 2.77.

Michael Harding
Rev. Preb. M.D. Harding   riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx