[softwarelist] Re: Postscript printing

  • From: Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 20:14:17 +0100

Colin Wood wrote:
> In article <444B42B2.9030807@xxxxxxxx>,
>    Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>Colin Wood wrote:

>>[snip]
>

>>>I saved the PoScript2 file to disc and moved it across to my pc. What
>>>should it be filetyped? ps or eps? Then how do I send it to my Dell
>>>3100cn colour laser printer, which supports Postscript 3?
>>>Colin
>

>>Try the freeware utility, PrintFile:
>>http://www.lerup.com/printfile/descr.html
>

> Thanks - done.
>
> PrintFile dialogue box Printer set to
> Dell Laser Printer 3100cn PC-PS
> (selected from menu).
>
> No joy dropping file saved as above, typed either as ps or eps, onto icon.
>
> Lots of paper fed through, blank apart from 1st sheet: had to cancel
> print. In both cases, first sheet had
> %!PS-Adobe-2.0
>         %%Creator:PostScript PDriver module 4.49
>                 %%CreationDate: 20:52:1
>
> Any ideas?

Hmmm? Works for me ... using the PS2 driver, printing to file from
OvPro, and then outputting on the PC-side using the LJ1200 PS driver.
Mind you, I've only attempted to print single pages as a test, but they
include text plus JPEG, sprite and AW images.

What happens if you print the pages individually?

If you want to send me your file (or part of it) I'll run it thru' the
LJ1200 PS driver.
--
Clive Bonsall
C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx