[softwarelist] Re: PostScript 3: It all started here...

  • From: Ross McGuinness <farmstay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 18:54:41 +0800

In message <zQY2tQAFNw0KFwVB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> In message <50a9019ba4theboss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Robert Greenfield
> <theboss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>>Just used the new PS3 driver/!PrintPDF to make my first (new) PDF from an
>>OvationPro document... worked a treat in every way, including two

> It would be good if people posted their experiences of the new PS3
> driver here - then we might be able to summarise them for Archive
> magazine.

Despite my problems noted in previous posts recently the new PS3
driver is great. Creating PDFs still has the same limitations for us
as in the past (ie it won't cope with large documents with lots of
images - even if they are jpegs - but this may be due to the GScript
end of things) and the output is crisper when examining the images.
Keep the print run to a handful of pages and then join the PDFs later
to get a whole book as we have done previously and it is fine.

At least there appear to be no pixellated, trimmed or missing images
that we have had in the past.

--
Ross and Bev McGuinness, Cinnamon Coloureds Farmstay
1800 South Coast Hwy DENMARK  WA 6333 Tel:+61 8 9848 1781