[softwarelist] Re: Picture modifications

  • From: "David Pilling" <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 01:50:21 +0100

> > I want to change the brightness of an inserted picture but it
> > only accepts the nudge buttons entering a figure it ignores.

It looks wrong to me (on Windows) - these situations are always a problem.
One approach is to change the value as the user types - I now do that in
some cases. Problem with that is that intermediate values may be far from
the final value. The other approaches are to use tab or change the usual
mode of operation of Return. ISTR sometimes on RISC OS the cursor up/down
keys also force a value to be read.

The tab ruler/tab values window are another situation where this problem
occurs.

>What I hadn't appreciated, before experimenting as a result of this
>thread, is that there are circumstances where Ovation Pro seems to get
>confused. If, with Brightnesss=0 you enter a number, say 50, into its

I don't grasp all that followed - are you talking about RISC OS or Windows?

Doesn't clicking on OK close the dialogue box, preventing any further
interaction with it?