[softwarelist] Re: Paragraph Rules?

  • From: Ross McGuinness <farmstay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 22:13:00 +0800

In message <jB+45hDgWZoNFwbi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Hi,

> In message <51c1b3442cbbailey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Brian Bailey
> <bbailey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>>What might the spec. for fully supported tables look like, please?

> Yes, tables would be good. A lot of added functionality, but also a lot
> of work.

> The table spec is below, makes me feel sad.

Tablemate is OK for those of us who have it.

>>Would you also care to elaborate on the 'few things that were designed but
>>never implemented', please.

> Only what has been said above, paragraph rules, index and content
> generation.

> Index generation was envisaged as simple, like Peter Bond's applet, I
> think what did for that was the outcry "simple index generation is no
> use, burn it" about that time (where did that come from, maybe
> Impression), which led to IdxPro which is too complicated for many
> people.

Index generation is what I'd happily pay good money for. You are
correct in saying that IdxPro is too difficult. I tried to use it but
gave up. An indexing system that is based on styles, implemented in a
simple manner, would be great. Highlight the word or phrase and apply
Index level i, or ii or iii etc

--
Ross and Bev McGuinness, Cinnamon Coloureds Farmstay
1800 South Coast Hwy DENMARK  WA 6333 Tel:+61 8 9848 1781