[softwarelist] PDF problem

  • From: Christopher Bryant <christopher.bryant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 12:23:00 +0100

Re the recent discussion of making pdfs, I wonder if one of you Photoshop experts can help me with a colour problem, please. I use Acrobat (in MS WXP) for creating a pdf from postscript. What I need (I think) is a Colour Management File for use with an Acrobat JobOption, which has the effect of converting two particular rgb or cmyk values into two Pantone colours, either as e.g. 128C, 282C, or as a combination of fractions of named colours. This is for printing a two-colour mag cover, and the colours are not OvPro chart colours, nor simple cmyk either. Up to now the conversion has been done invisibly by our printers, but we now have a new foreign printer... The not very helpful Acrobat help file on colours says colour management files have to be made and saved in Photoshop or Illustrator, and that's about all it says. I can't afford to buy either just for this purpose. Can anything useful be said about the format of these files, or can anyone provide a specimen, if I may put it like that?

   Christopher