[softwarelist] OvnPro UniversalKey BeagleBoard & NumLock

  • From: Frederick Bambrough <fred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 00:18:11 +0000

Transferring my copy of Ovation Pro to my BB -xM, I found that opening a
document would cause the keyboard number lock to assert and re-assert
repeatedly when cancelled.

The same thing happens when the BB -xM boots, which I resolved by adding FX
202 4 251 & FX 118 to !Boot.Utils.BootRun. It's an issue that is known to
happen with some keyboards with the Beagleboard.

I can't recall how but I came to the conclusion that with OvnPro the problem
was related to the UniversalKey module. REMming out the line that loads it
in !OvnPro.!Run resolves the problem to the extent that the NumLk still
comes on when a document is loaded but if then turned off, stays off.

Whilst this allows me to use OvnPro, I'm wondering if there's a better
solution. I'm using OvnPro 2.77s and RISC OS 5.19.

--
Fred