[softwarelist] Re: OvationPro (Wind) spelling

  • From: "Dan McCarthy" <danmccat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 11:24:17 +1300

Needs the right level of obscurity, few people will get, their/there, where/were or sew/sow confused, many do get your/you're mixed up.

Interesting point here. I know the difference between "there" and "their" and it annoys me when
I see anybody getting it wrong. However I often type the wrong one myself.
As soon as I see it on screen I cry out in anguish and correct it, but it would appear that the part of the brain that does the typing "hears" words rather than "Sees" them..

Being a New Zealander of a certain age "where" and "were" are not a problem as I pronounce them
differently

(Would you believe I just typed "I no the difference"?)

Dan