[softwarelist] Re: OvationPro (RISCOS) oddity

  • From: Tricia Garner <tricia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 11:29:15 +0100

On 26 May, in article <LqJec2AAKKWGFwx9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> In message <4ee91d9bb7tricia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Tricia Garner
> <tricia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
> >That doesn't make any difference either. One thing I have noticed - it's
> >only the letters which come out wrong, numbers from the top row or the
> >numeric keypad are fine.

> And every program other than OP is OK?

> Another wild guess is that you've set up a foreign keyboard or locale?
> I'm struggling here to recall how RISC OS lets you change language -
> ISTR there is a command/.

Grovelling apologies - your last para gave me the clue. I suddenly
remembered I tinkered with the HID settings a while ago so I set it back to
default and bingo! I was so sure I hadn't changed anything... I have
resolved from now on to make comprehensive notes of *anything* I change so
that I can refer back in case of problems, something I should have been
doing anyway.

Thank you very much for your kind help and I am sorry to have been such a
dipstick :-)

--

Tricia

I doubt, therefore I might be.