[softwarelist] Re: OvationPro 2.77(Iyonix) - large document memory problem

  • From: Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 12:39:29 +0100

In message <5166f062fadave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <5166c7ea01david.rooke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    David Rooke <david.rooke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [Snip]

>> I have produced a document containing images and text totalling a size
>> of 171,637,160 bytes

> [Snip]

> Mmnn! Hefty doc for RO land.  ;-)

> Afterwards, and assuming no-one comes along with a useful answer...
> As a last resort, transfer the file with a .dpd extension to a PC running
> OvPro for Windows and there chop the document into a couple of, or more,
> manageable size pieces.

> Dave

I don't have anything approaching this scale, but a quick test last
night suggests that the wimp slot size is pretty much constant, and
the same as you reported. There is an OPro dynamic area which grows
when a document is loaded, and is roughly the same size as the
document. (My dopcument had embedded pictures. This may well be
different with referenced pictures.)

I can't remember the dynamic area limit on Iyonix, but I think it's
huge. There's no way you would load that document on RO4 or 6, with
the 28M dynamic area limit.

The only suggestion I can make, if it does eventually load, is to use
the View-pictures option to turn off picture display. It may help - or
not of course.

If it uses referenced pictures, which given the size of the document
seems unlikely, you could reduce the image size of the pictures
outside OPro, and then you would need to change the scaling within
OPro to display at the original size. Messy, but...

--
Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire
alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx