[softwarelist] Re: Ovation1 OPro applet and the ARMini.

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 22:16:56 +0100

Hi,

In message <ad1a9f9b52.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
Having started using the original Ovation in 2004

Maybe thinking 1904? Ovation Pro came out in 1996, Ovation 1, for which the applet loads files came out in 1990.

The old files would seem to be OK (and have the correct filetype), as
I can open them on RISC OS 4.02 in VRPC, same versions of OPro and the
applet. Not a very major problem, as there is this alternative route
to the files, but is there any chance that this applet could be
updated? I for one would be very grateful.

I need to check - presumably the idea is that the Ovation 1 applet is not ARM 7 compatible. Could well be the case. My worry would be if you are using the right one. I think there would be a 32 bit version, which is available on my web site. For sure you need to be using that. Then again I thin you get a warning if you are not.

A recompile for ARM 7 is easy. I don't think there will be any hand coded ARM stuff in there.

More later...