[softwarelist] Re: Ovation Pro for RISC OS product changes

  • From: Martin Longley <mlongley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 17:06:25 +0100

Or even NOT be downloaded

On 26/06/2013 17:00, Michael Ben-Gershon wrote:
Much software nowadays is delivered without CD. MS Office etc. Works fine. But why can the ISV fonts nit be downloaded?

Michael Ben-Gershon
mybg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:mybg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On 26 Jun 2013, at 18:44, David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Hi,

Probably 10 years or more ago, Gavin Crawford did an excellent job of packaging Ovation Pro for RISC OS - that means a huge printed manual and big box for it to go in.

Time has passed and I've now sold all those packs.

Is it worth while printing more? Could I find someone to do the work?

I am inclined to answer no to both those, so the new product is - Ovation Pro for RISC OS for £100, with no printed manual or box (or disc). There will be a copy of the CD image that can be downloaded, and you'd get a key by email.

The point being that existing RISC OS users will be able to use the CD image to keep their copies up to date.

(I'll explain about the key and where to find the CD image later).

The main loss is the isv fonts that used to come on the CD - probably never used.

Of course I have just got an email along the lines "my RISC OS computer has no CD drive or internet..."

I reckon they can toggle in the code on the front panel switches.

email: david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by Swanseahost,
and is believed to be clean.