[softwarelist] Re: Ovation Pro Windows --- direct entry of Unicode text

  • From: Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 14:55:42 +0100

David Pilling wrote:
In message <46064BFE.90903@xxxxxxxx>, Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx> writes
According to the release notes, yhe latest version of OPW "allows direct entry of Unicode text e.g. using the Greek keyboard". Any chance that a future version will allow Unicode text entry using Alt+character code, e.g. Ccaron Alt+0268 ?

That is now possible i.e. it came in with allowing the use of Unicode keyboards.

I spent a few happy hours playing with this - translation it wouldn't work at first due to things outside OP.

I've updated the Unicode document on the OP CD, so that it reflects the current state of play. What I am getting around to is that you need to change a registry setting before you can use Alt etc. Here is what I say in the document:

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

I'd imagine the next complaint will be that you can't type Unicode into the find/replace icons.

How did you guess ? ;)
--
C.B.