[softwarelist] Re: Ovation Pro Windows 2.90

  • From: Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 16:28:24 GMT

In message of 26 Feb, Chris Hughes <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <005201c63abd$c6d5fb20$90da69d5@xp>
>           "Arthur Lacey" <tedell@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > From: "Tim Powys-Lybbe" <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
> >  wrote:
> >> But think of the expense here in (a) buying full versions of XP and
> >> then (b) buying manuals to tell me what on earth it was doing.  Not to
> >> mention the wasted time on this group answering questions about "how do
> >> you do this?".
> >
> > My advice would be to wait for the 64 bit version of Windows due for release
> > later in the year.  Of course you might need to get a new PC as well. :-)
>
> 64bit version of XP is already out and has been for several months! I
> assume you mean Vista which is still in beta and well behind schedule
> at the moment. Rumour has it a lot of software could require an update
> to work on vista.....

I forgot to add that I run my PC on a emulator program on a Mac as this
handles all I need for the very occasional files that won't run
elsewhere.  I suspect that this environment won't cope with much more
of XP's bells and whistles.

--
Tim Powys-Lybbe                                          tim@xxxxxxxxx
             For a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org