[softwarelist] Ovation Pro Speech applet playing sillies.

  • From: Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 19:57:49 +0100

Since Jonathan Duddington's e-speak became available for the ARMini I
reactivated OPro's Speech applet, and for short bits of speech it
works fine.

However, today I tried to use it to check my unreliable typing in a
longer document, and after about 1000 characters the voice suddenly
stopped. After that, the sound system wouldn't work at all; I realised
that when Messenger Pro's EmailEdit stopped bleeping at my
all-to-frequent typos. All is now well after a re-boot.

I see that the applet has a choices file, which at the moment only
contains ASCII 00, and I can't find a way of discovering what, if
anything, I should do to this file that may solve this problem.

Guidance would be much appreciated!

With best wishes,

Peter.

--