[softwarelist] Re: Ovation Pro RISC OS 2.77 10th March

  • From: Tony Todd <tonytodd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 00:35:58 +0000

On 13/03/2011 16:36, Chris Bell wrote:
John M Ward<john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

SNIP

Our insurance got a whole lot cheaper after our house was struck by
lightning - it's a nice feeling, knowing it'll never happen again.

I believe this is a false assumption. You are as likely to be hit by lightning on any day as on any other. The day after a lightning strike has just the same odds as the day before.

Thus you might buy a lottery ticket the week after winning the jackpot and still have the same chances of winning as you always had (rather less than being hit by lightning I suspect).

However, back to O Pro. I have a very early Iyonix - one of the first 512s and a nice young man in Crook, Co Durham did the hardware mods for me. Such is the cameraderie linked to our OS.

I've been running O Pro on it just about from day 1. Nowadays I also run Win O Pro on the Windows 7 64 bit machine and more recently via VRPC on the same machine.

So 3 strings to my bow.

Keep going David.

You may never know how grateful we are.

But I'm sure I could manage to lose everything on my hard-drive again -
that was far too easy the first time.

Chris.