[softwarelist] Re: Ovation Pro RISC OS 2.77 10th March

  • From: John M Ward <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 13:04:32 +0000 (GMT)

In article <mjsZRBC3LLfNFwhr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> In message <51b3428c8bjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, John M Ward
> <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
> >Thus even a meteorite striking one's house cannot wipe out all
> >copies of anything important...

> Am I going to have my DNA stored at your house...

Only if you wish it.  I have always offered a Vigay-like service (though
with nowhere near his level of technical expertise, just the same
underlying principles) which is why I am happy to receive encrypted data
(so I can't read it anyway) and use my extensive -- and bordering on
famous[!] -- on-site and off-site multi-generational backup facilities
to others, so that they don't have to bother with all of that.  I'll
take care of it...

It is genuinely meant kindly and constructively, and is merely an offer.
 I really don't mind if no-one here takes me up on it.

> The odds of a meteorite strike are low, the odds of someone saying
> "what if your house is hit..." and it actually happening are a lot
> lower. I think you've protected me from that.

It was only an example that perhaps everyone would recognise.  It is
possible that I am getting paranoid in my old(er) age; but it is notable
that I never lose any data!

--
John Ward in Medway, Kent - using RISC OS since 1987
Now using an Iyonix, an A9home, 3 RiscPCs and Virtual-RPC!