[softwarelist] Re: Ovation Pro, JPEGs, Uniprint

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 12:14:22 +0100

In message <B3FCFAB9-35A0-4896-BEA6-4CB07BC2ECD6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Gav Crawford <gav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

I can confirm that Geminus has something to do with the problem. Turn off 'Accelerate JPEG decoding and plotting' in Geminus settings and the error doesn't appear and the print completes.

Thanks.

There is a flag set if RISC OS is capable of rendering rotated JPEGs. I guess Geminus sets that flag - and presumably if you have Germinus you enjoy a big speed up in rendering rotated JPEGs with the latest version of OP. However the flag remains set when printing, despite Geminus not being involved with printing.

Result when printing OP attempts to use rotated JPEG plotting and you get the error.

On the face of it, a problem with Geminus. Is it likely anyone will fix this?

 post: David Pilling, P.O. Box 22, Thornton-Cleveleys, Blackpool. FY5 1LR. UK