[softwarelist] Re: Ovation Pro DDL file weirdness

  • From: Tony van der Hoff <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 18:08:25 +0100

On 21 Jul at 15:09 Roger Foden <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<7d0de9054f.roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> In message <gemini.jlizvd03kg21s0idt.tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Tony van der Hoff <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Ovation Pro 2.76 running under RISC OS.

[snip]

> I tried loading your downloaded documents (DDLFile and text) into
> OvationPro v2.76 running on RISC OS 5.13 (Iyonix).
>
> DDLFile consistently failed; OvationPro crashed with a type 2 error.
>
> The file 'text' loaded; the first page looked OK, but scrolling down to
> page 3 froze OvationPro and the machine: the mouse arrow was stuck on the
> scroll tool. The situation could not be recovered or terminated with
> Alt-Break; those keys had no effect. The only recovery was a total reset.

Thanks for trying it, Roger. This adds a completely new dimension to the
problem, but I suspect the results you are seeing are unrelated to my
problem, and probably down to configuration on your end. Have you sufficient
picture cache allocated? The graphics are quite big.

> I can't help further I'm afraid apart from to suggest there is an error
> somewhere within the actual original document. Try saving as plain text
> (no styles) and then laying the whole out again on a totally new set of
> Master Pages. It may be that there are conflicting styles somewhere within
> the OvPro document.

Yes, you may be right. However, It's not as simple as that. The document is
quite big, and has a large number of styles defined. I wouldn't like to even
contemplate rebuilding it from scratch.

Thanks again for taking an interest.

--
Tony van der Hoff        | mailto:tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx