[softwarelist] Ovation Pro & Beagleboard

  • From: Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2013 18:08:19 +0100

I'm using O-Pro on a Beagleboard, currently running RISC OS 5.20 (but
similar problems existed on 5.18 as well). O-Pro is version 2.77u; I have
the latest versions of the Colour Supplement and Ovation1 applets from
http://www.davidpilling.net/ovationpro/opr.html

Despite disabling all third-party applets, the system seems very unstable
with O-Pro frequently dying with Type 3 and Type 5 errors. I can't say
there's an obvious pattern: it does seem to be the more complex documents
(involving graphics and many different stories) which keep over most, but
I'm not sure it's a hard-and-fast rule. The same documents seem fine in the
same version of O-Pro running on an Iyonix running RISC OS 5.18, so I'm left
assuming it's something specific to the Beagleboard (or ARMv7).

There's a very limited amount of other third-party stuff running on the
Beagleboard, although there could be some interactions going on. Does anyone
have any similar experience, or suggestions as to how to try and track the
instability down?

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/