[softwarelist] Re: Ovation Pro 2.92 (19 January 2007) Windows

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 12:03:49 +0000

In message <OF8207E847.87445FB8-ON80257268.007E0CDB-80257268.007E0CED@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

el>, Andy.Ling@xxxxxxxxxxx writes
I get the feeling that you have never tried to push it in the Windows
market.

That is true. My idea was to make it more appealing to Windows users first.

Has anyone bought OPW who had no knowledge of it on RiscPC
machines?

Yes quite a few actually, up to 20.

Maybe it's not ready yet and maybe it's not attractive enough for
the wider Windows world, but a review in a magazine or two or on a
high profile web site might get some new users and might highlight
what, if anything, needs changing.

I was always wary of the "strangled at birth" effect, building up a bad reputation in other words.

Then again, you might not want the hassle of 1000s of windows users
complaining about its idiosyncrasies.

I use OP on Windows and some things scream at me.