[softwarelist] Re: Ovation Pro 2.92 (19 January 2007) Windows

  • From: Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 10:39:07 +0000

David Pilling wrote:
In message <45B10AA3.7050706@xxxxxxxx>, Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx> writes
I notice that <Swap case> is not treated in OPW as an effect. Any chance that it could be so treated, and included in the new <Remove effect> ... or would I be pushing my luck?

Swop case is an action - it actually changes the characters in the document.

I'm not sure how it would work as an effect or why it is desirable. Perhaps as an extension to the capitalisation (upper, lower, title) effect?

One answer to your question, perhaps, is provided by the different behaviour of small caps between OPW and MSWORD. In both programs small caps is an effect, I assume. But it seems that MSWORD actually changes the characters in the document, like Swap case in OPW.

For example, if I type a word (all lower case letters) into an OPW document, apply the small caps effect, then cut the word to the Windows clipboard and paste it into, say, a Thunderbird compose window --- I see the word in lower case (the characters have not changed).

If I start with a MSWORD document and perform the same set of actions --- the word that appears in the Thunderbird window is in CAPS (the characters have changed).
--
C.B.