[softwarelist] Ovation Pro 2.77d 19-Mar-2007

  • From: Derek Barnett <derek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 10:23:58 +0100

Hi all,
I'm using a Iyonix with 5.13 and Ovation Pro 2.77d 19-Mar-2007 and
have just tried to write a letter to someone using this splendid
program. But what I type does not appear on the screen as I would
expect.
Non of the expected key presses appear as expected, eg capital T
appears as Â, hope this gets to you as typed here. (A with ^ on top)
All previously saved documents appear correctly but if I try to add
anything to them the characters are all wrong. David suggested that I
could type into a text editor then transfer it into Ovation Pro.
This works but is long winded.
Whilst trying out an older version at the same time as having the
current version on the icon bar I noticed that I could enter the
correct key presses into it.
I then tried running two copies of the current version at the same
time and if I typed into the second screen I got the correct
characters. If I run two copies of the program and then removed the
first run copy from the icon bar, the second run copy would then
produce the correct characters, EH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope you get what I'm trying to say and may be able to come up with an
answer.
Sorry I can't say when this problem started as I only use the program
occasionally, so at what stage through the upgrade process either from
Castle or from David Pilling this state of affairs started, I'm non
the wiser.

--
  Derek Barnett /
   Erith, KENT